Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2015

I can't wait!!!

It's official, this August I will be attending and presenting a poster (!!!) at Behaviour2015. We're going to Cairns for a whole week! Of course this trip would not be complete without visiting the Great Barrier Reef, so that's on the schedule too. I am so looking forward to this!

In the mean time, the semester is winding down. Next week is the last week of classes, and then the students have Winter Break for 2 months before the start of the next semester. I'm not doing any tutoring next semester, which means I will be 100% focused on my research project(s).

It's also my 3-month Australia anniversary tomorrow. I feel like I've just gotten here, but at the same time it feels like I've been here forever. I still try to get into the wrong side of my car though - so not quite completely converted yet!

I've also started volunteering at the local RSPCA. It's nice to spend one morning a week supporting a good organization, and the connections I will make there are invaluable. Plus they might let me practice my photography skills on the adoptable animals - woohoo!

No comments: