Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

One week was not enough

Stats.

For anyone who doesn't know, while I'm here in Australia working on my PhD in Psychology, I'm still enrolled in an online Masters program through Penn State University in Applied Statistics.

So far, it's been OK. I spend maybe 6-10 hours a week on stats homework/studying/exams, which is easily done on the weekend. But the rest of the week, dread and guilt hang over my head. I know that I need to get my homework done and whenever I sit down to browse Facebook or catch up on the latest episode of So You Think You Can Dance, that awful little voice in my head goes "you know, you should really be doing stats homework..."

The summer semester at Penn State just ended on the 14th - and I was looking forward to a little non-guilty downtime. Until I looked at the next semester's syllabus and realized that classes started again on the 23rd of August. One week is not enough of a break!!! I spent this past week in denial, until Thursday night when the guilt started setting in again. The first homework and quiz assessments are due on Monday and Tuesday, so the rest of this weekend will be spent working on stats - woohoo...?

Mostly I'm just unnecessarily whiny. I'm learning useful things and it's really important to me that I have a strong foundation in statistics so I can perform quality research. Just starting semester 4 of 6 (or 7...), let's do this!

No comments: