Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Warm weather, here we come!

It's here (almost)! I've been waiting all year (read 5 months) for this conference in Cairns, and now it's really about to happen! We are leaving on Sunday morning for an entire week in Queensland where it is WARM and SUNNY. I'm hoping to be very active in terms of blogging next week but of course this will depend on internet access...and evening activities. I'm sure I'll be learning a lot at the conference so I'd like to write about it - and share some cool experiences too.

It's been a bit of an odd week. We've just started getting participants training their own dogs for our study. It's a good feeling that all of these dog owners are so keen to volunteer for our studies, even when we are asking for 12 week commitments! I don't know if I would do something that... I also just found out that a lot of school admin stuff was supposed to have happened shortly after I enroled - but somehow never did. Hopefully now everything is finally on track and I can be less confused about what is expected of me and just get on with my PhD!

On to more exciting news, our two new PhD students are coming in September! Both of them are named Sarah. Sarah B. Sarah B with blonde hair. Oh dear...we'll have to figure something better out.

This week is going to fly by with everything that needs to be done before we fly away to Cairns (it sounds like it's pronounced CANS of soup, but like how Americans pronounce "cans", not how Australians pronounce "cans"...). Pronunciations are hard. That reminds me of a new thing I learned recently. I've only just discovered that 'sultanas' are raisins - but only because in Australia, Kelloggs makes Sultana Bran instead of Raisin Bran :)

No comments: