Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

Comet and Dancer Go Home

Comet and Dancer were adopted! The two mares were from the winter El Rito pony group, and were dropped off at their new home today. John said the adopters were also looking for 4 donkeys...we just happen to have 4 of those sitting in the backyard :) hm....

Here's a picture of Comet from a couple days ago. Looks like I didn't get any pictures of Dancer before she went home...

Comet wanted some of the food I had...

We got a surprising morning rainstorm today, so we were rained out until around 1 PM. Spent most of the afternoon focused on the new horses. Everyone is doing great. It's really good news that June, the mommy mare, has started being more engaged. She was eating calmly out of my hand today and has even started offering behaviors. I wouldn't be surprised if she passes by the other horses on the next couple tasks since she doesn't have as much trouble with self control!

That's all for now. Bought plane tickets for my flight from New Mexico to St. Louis in September. Wish I could stay here forever but definitely excited to see the boyfriend again :)

No comments: