Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

New Mustangs!

We had new mustangs dropped off from the Forest Service today. So exciting!

But first. Can I reiterate how much I hate mosquitoes. A bunch of my mosquito bites are turning into boils...yuck!
So many mosquito bites...why????
Anyway, this morning we had to rearrange all the panels in the yard so that we could create a new round pen for the wild mustangs. It was hard work, but the set-up is beautiful now. In the afternoon we took a break on the roof and I took a snapshot of our handiwork :)


The new horses arrived in the late morning. A forest ranger drove them up in a trailer, and we just had the horses go right from the trailer into the round pen.
The set up.
Here are the new mares, plus a foal. We got some very pretty horses -- a total of 4 mares, 3 geldings, and 1 foal. 

I should have more updates with better pictures tomorrow. We still need to name them all too - so I will have those updates as well!





1 comment:

Dr. Barlow-Irick, PhD said...

There is a reason I always wear long sleeve shirts.