Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Feeling the hind legs

Got to ride bareback for the first time today! Thank you Mr. Cracker the hinny :) And for the first time I got instruction on something to think about while riding other than: keep your heels down, keep your back straight, keep your hands up.

I was supposed to be feeling for when Cracker's Left Hind leg hit the ground, but I can only feel the front legs. Sasha was leading and had me do a bunch of exercises with my eyes closed so that I could feel his movement. It helped a lot with balance and figuring out my weight -- especially when we were stopping -- but even when she called out "now" every time his LH hit the ground it did not match with any beats I was feeling! Sasha and Pat both said not to worry, that it will come with time. Pat says she'll come help out next time.

I was going to post all about the success I had with training today but I'm exhausted. We were just watching a horse training DVD "Success Under Saddle" on how to saddle train a horse, and I was so tired I kept dozing off :)

Short post today, hope tomorrow night I have some better updates!


No comments: