Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

4 weeks down

Before I begin, as you may have noticed, I've added an "About Me" section to my blog! Feel free to check it out.

This week flew by in a flash. It was just the weekend and suddenly it's Friday night again. I'm guessing the week felt super short since it was particularly busy - and I was out of the office all day on Wednesday.

I had my second session of tutorials on Wednesday. We had a lot of fun discussing controversial legal issues surrounding human-animal relationships, and spent a good portion of the class arguing about whether animals are conscious or not. The Human-Animal Relationships class is fantastic, and the fourth year honours students I'm working with tell me it's the best course at uni. Lucky me! It was actually kind of funny. I told them that I needed to be in Bundoora for HAR tutes on Wednesday, and they assumed that I was taking the class rather than teaching it.

On Monday, I have a meeting with my team of PhD supervisors - sounds a little bit intimidating, but it's just Pauleen, Tiffani (who has been super nice and is also mentoring the fourth year students), Philippe (the brilliant man who knows everything about visual perceptions), and KC (a robotics/engineering man who I currently associate with Schmackos...). All in all a very warm and welcoming, not very scary (yet) bunch, so I'm looking forward to finally getting dedicated time for us all to discuss my research plans and goals here in Australia!

This is my very first weekend with no plans, so I have time to RELAX - and maybe get started on writing up a training manual... Not doing anything is very hard for me. Plus, what better way to feel less guilty about procrastinating on stats homework.

No comments: