Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Finally unpacked!

So I've been in Australia for over 10 days now, and today I finally moved into my long-term housing (bye-bye dorms forever! - I hope). It's a really nice feeling to finally settle down and stop living out of suitcases.

Everybody in the new house is super nice. The landlord isn't here very often, so it'll mostly just be us 3 students here at the house (and the 2 cats, one of which just almost deleted this entire post). The two boys are on the far end of the house, so I basically get the front of the house all to myself.

Some other fun things that happened this week --


My camera had it's very first adventures in Australia! I took some pictures of my room in the dorms as some sort of memorabilia:
The sign out front
My closet, mid-packing up.
A somewhat comfy looking couch/chair
I never sat in.

I also took my camera with me to Pauleen's. Saturday we were playing with a machine we might be using for studies later, but we were basically just trying to find out if it we could teach the dogs how to interact with the machine and test out whether the machine was working or not. I wasn't really taking pictures of the process - because I got to actually do some training! But I did get some better pictures of the dogs, including little munchkin Audrey.
Look at that face!! And the wet mustache... I'm in love. She's thinks she's one of the big dogs too.
I'm beautiful!
You may remember Baxter, the
6 month old puppy, as well.
The new experience don't seem to stop. I had hot cross buns for the first time, and I had a "real" Australian sandwich, complete with buttered bread and beet root (aka beets). Yum!

And even though I don't know how to segue into this, I wanted to share these because I especially liked how these turned out. Here are some pictures of gentle giant, Jake:

No comments: