Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Home.

It's starting. I'm starting to miss home.

It actually started over the weekend - when I had a sudden craving for Cheez-It Snack Mix and discovered that Australian grocery stores don't carry it, or even a snack similar to it! Blasphemy!

So today, after I started writing this blog post, I started searching for snack mix in earnest, and discovered Amazon.co.uk. UK Amazon ships Cheez-It Snack Mix to Australia!! Too bad it's about $26 Euros for a pack of 3 boxes - which is nearly $37AUD. Yikes...suddenly I'm not sure I'm missing snack mix that badly.

Outside of missing snacks and mommy's cooking, I miss my friends and family. I've made some great friends here, and had so many fantastic experiences, but I find myself wishing my friends and family from home could be here experiencing these things with me. My mama keeps warning that she will come visit sometime before I go back in September. I want her to come now and cook me yummy food (just kidding...maybe)!

On a lighter note, two nights ago Shu had some friends over for dinner and he made tempura and another tasty Japanese dish. So much food - and so yummy! I'm going to get fat living here...

It's officially Fall - I think, and the weather is starting to get cooler. The sunsets are really pretty right now too. Our rooftop is a pretty good vantage point.



No comments: