Pages

Friday, March 13, 2015

Biking is hard

Pauleen has graciously offered to let me borrow one of her bikes, and today I went to pick it up from the shop where it had just been serviced and fitted with some much-needed new brake pads. Now, it's time to get in shape. Somehow biking is incredibly difficult! It was about 20 minutes to get from downtown to the uni, and I actually had to stop and take a break in the middle. I am going to be so sore tomorrow - but maybe this means I will build some muscles. I miss my speedy road bike and the flat terrain of Davis...though I'm guessing my road bike would not do me much good going up and down hills here in Bendigo.

It's likely going to be some time (at least a number of weeks) before our lab on campus is set up, so unfortunately that means I can't keep Audrey, since she can't stay at home all day by herself. For now, Pauleen's thinking I might be able to keep Audrey on the weekends - Pauleen would bring her to work on Fridays and then take her back on Mondays. I'm hoping this will work. I can't wait to have a puppy to cuddle again!

It's been a lot of fun living in the new house. Shu is so nice and I've had dinner with him and his friends the last two nights. Two nights ago, we made green curry (which turned out a little soupy, but still tasty), and some sort of Asian chicken with cucumbers and tomatoes. Yay for cooking adventures!
Not quite as pretty as the picture, but we tried!
We had a heated discussion about whether cabbage goes into green curry or not. 
Last night we went out to a pub called One Tree Hill for their Thursday special Parma Night. It was SUPER busy and we had to wait over an hour for our food...but it was yummy! Their options for chicken parma were quite a bit more creative than anything I've had back home. There was also a Karaoke night going on starting at 9pm, which was right about when we got our food. A little bit rowdy for me, but Shu and another friend Sam (from Singapore) joined in the fun - after some beer :)

Hoping to get some laundry done tomorrow - it's about time! We'll see how I fare without a dryer...

No comments: