Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

PATIENCE!! I mean, patience.

I have officially been in Australia for 2 weeks. They told me enrolment normally take 24 hours, but with the high volume it could be 48 hours.  It has been 14 days (10 of those working days) since my enrolment forms were submitted. So now I ask, why am I still not a student?

On a lighter note, I've finally made friends! My new housemate Shu is super nice and invited me over to his friends' house last night for dinner and then we just hung out and chatted until almost 11pm. Shu is Japanese and has just finished his uni studies in Nature Tourism. I didn't even know that was a thing! His friend Ellie is also from Japan but she is also half Cantonese. She shares a house with a brother/sister who were originally from Tasmania. We spent a large part of the evening discussing differences between American English and Australian English. It was interesting to find out that they can't really hear my American accent, since they're very used to American accents on TV, but I can absolutely hear an Australian accent.

Last night, I saw kangaroos on campus for the very first time! I got sucked into my work and found myself leaving the office at nearly 7pm, but luckily that meant I got to see the kangaroos foraging in the sports oval!

I'd also like to introduce you to one of my new housemates, Chairman Meow (it's a little confusing, but she's a girl):

She likes to come into my room and sit on my desk demanding pets. She's super sweet and likes to cuddle on my bed too. The other housecat is Carmax (I think) but she's much more shy and only comes to me when she's hungry, not for pets or cuddles.



No comments: