Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Green Chile

Did you know that the Official State Question of New Mexico is "Red or Green?" in reference to red or green chile when ordering New Mexican food? (it's true!)

Heather left this morning, and since John had to drop her off at the airport in Albuquerque, he was basically out all day. He came back with a little surprise -- a giant box of green chiles! After dinner, John, Pat, and Abe processed all the chiles (peeling off the roasted skin and scraping out the seeds). I snuck a picture during the process :)


Here's the roasted green chile salsa we had for dinner too. I guess it's salsa...whatever it is, it was good - and hot!


We've also been revamping the data collection system implemented here so that each task the horses learn gets measured by every trainer with the same parameters. The first plow-through is done and we've started using the new system, but I can see many small updates in our near future. 

Today was much like every other day. Pat and I started working with the horses early so that we would be done earlier in the afternoon -- it worked, except for the little mishap where the ZEBRA got loose and was running around on the road. Oops. I still had some free time though, and I spent my couple free hours reading papers and getting inspired... Going to set up a little research project with the horses! I will probably share more on that when we actually know what we're doing.

No comments: