Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Progress

Got called out by my Mama this evening for not posting on my blog regularly enough... :) oops!

We've been pretty busy here at Mustang Camp. Chuny, our newest intern arrived on Sunday. She was a jockey in Switzerland for 8 years, so she definitely has a lot of horse knowledge and experience. Today, we finished training a little bit early, so we had some time to do a little riding lesson. Pat had us take turns riding Cracker and feeling his hind legs. I wasn't quite as lost as the first time I rode him... Apparently my body can feel it and move with his feet, but my brain's not there yet. Progress though!

The wild horses are also making great progress. All my mares have now been haltered, and June has passed Ginger in completing the halter task by letting me put on her halter the "normal" way.

I snapped a couple pictures this evening after feeding time. Ms. Ginger sure is pretty...

Ginger's going to get adopted pretty quick - she's such a looker!

Sweet Greta -- it's crazy that I can say that now... Look at that muscular body though.

Little Timmy and Mama June in the background.
I finally got a good picture of Prancer's weird coloring too. Anyone know what that's called...? 1/2 Bay 1/2 ???
He's color confused...

 Last but absolutely not least, Fremont is recovering from his little encounter with Spot the zebra. He's on oral antibiotics, and his leg is looking way better. Basically all the swelling is gone, and it's looking pretty dry too. Here he is eating his evening grain + medication:

Poor guy still looks pretty chewed up.
Fremont still looks like he's in pretty bad shape, but he's starting to get some meat back on his bony skeleton...slow and steady.  He needs to be dewormed and put on some Equine Senior though to help speed up the weight gain. Once he's nice and healthy, Chuny is going to be training him to be a saddle horse. He should make a great saddle horse since he's got a very sweet and calm demeanor.


No comments: